cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Error (25)

jordansiqueira
Level 3

Hi, 

I cannot connect a client to Netbackup 10.4.

I installed Client Software on Windows, and even with that I cannot connect with my master server.

When I add a client it does not detect OS, so I need to specify manually. I do it, however, when I browser the pathname or directory that I want to make a backup it says " cannot connect on socket(25), Can not connect to Remote Service:[bpcd-NBU-WIN01].

Can someone help me?

Tks advanced.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

L_BR
Level 5

Check the following registry entry for your client,

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VERITAS\NetBackup\CurrentVersion\Config 

There will be a SERVER entry there. Confirm that your master server is listed there and make sure the master is the very first entry in that list. 

The error you are getting is when a server tries to communicate with a client but is not in the client's server list.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

StefanosM
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

During client setup the master server send a certificate to the client.
is this step completed successfully or fail but you just press continue?

Try to telnet or use an equivalent command the port 1556 from the one system the other ( master to client and client to master)
If this test fail you have network connectivity problem. 

L_BR
Level 5
From client properties what error do you get? Vnetd error normally means certificate problems. Can't connect on socket can mean firewall or services on the client aren't running.

kiyan
Level 5

you need to provide more information?
is netbackup master server installed, on windows or linux?
is your netbackup master server is your media server as well?
are you able to reach client from master server by IP/hostname and vice verse?
as it was mentioned in the above, port 1556 must be enabled on master/media/client.
please do run below commands to verify?(provide details if you dont know how to verify)
from client"
<netbackup installationfolder>\veritas\netbackup\bin\bpclntcmd -self
<netbackup installationfolder>\veritas\netbackup\bin\Bpclntcmd -hn <NAME_MASTER>
<netbackup installationfolder>\veritas\netbackup\bin\Bpclntcmd -ip <IP_MASTER>
<netbackup installationfolder>\veritas\netbackup\bin\bpclntcmd -pn -verbose

from master server, if windows:
<netbackup installationfolder>\veritas\netbackup\bin\admincmd\bptestbpcd -client <clientname> -verbose
or if master is linux based:
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bptestbpcd -client <clientname> -verbose
if all ok, you may reinstall the certificate, on client side
<netbackup installationfolder>\veritas\netbackup\bin\nbcertcmd -getCACertificate -server <masterservername>
<installation_path>\bin\nbcertcmd -getCertificate -server <masterservername> -force
if it did not work, you need to use a token (from java/webui)
<installation_path>\bin\nbcertcmd -getCertificate -server <masterservername> -force -token

Hi,

When I ran that following command: 

NetBackup installationfolder>\veritas\netbackup\bin\admincmd\bptestbpcd -client <clientname> -verbose

windows said that the host is not authorized.

Yep, all installation was completed successfully.

I tried a telnet connection and it worked normally.

L_BR
Level 5

Check the following registry entry for your client,

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VERITAS\NetBackup\CurrentVersion\Config 

There will be a SERVER entry there. Confirm that your master server is listed there and make sure the master is the very first entry in that list. 

The error you are getting is when a server tries to communicate with a client but is not in the client's server list.

the server is listed as you can see below

Screenshot 2024-04-29 104239.png

On the master side, I verified the same thing and I noticed that Client_Name was listed wrong, the client hostname was with the master hostname.

I changed and restarted the master and it did work. 

I appreciate your support.