Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex MSDP Pool

solomοn
Level 3

hello guys ,

on Flex there is a path "/mnt/msdp/vol0"

when i expand MSDP storage on Flex i give the last 4TB on that MSDP , but the extra space is not on that vol0 but on vol1

is that normal? because now i dont have enough space for my backups , looks like i cant use that extra 4TB from vol1

thanks in advanced

9 REPLIES 9

davidmoline
Level 6
Employee

Hi @solomοn 

What you are seeing is normal behaviour - there is some intelligence in how storage is allocate when you expand MSDP etc. 

The second volume (vol1) should be part of the MSDP - have you checked in the UI to verify that the total size of the pool in is showing as the additional 4 TB. NetBackup (or more precisely the storage server on the Flex instance) will manage allocating data between the various volumes that make up the pool. 

Cheers
David

on total yes its okay

the problem here is that im running out of space (until i get a new shelf) so i give that extra space
but it looks like backups cant use that extra space 

running the crcontrol --dsstat the available space is still the same was before i do the changes

StefanosM
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

open a case to support.

There is a problem with the expansion of MSDP on Flex (at least on some Flex versions). You have to run an msdp command, but I don't remember which

okay , thanks my friend

i will inform you when finished

solomοn
Level 3

/usr/openv/pdde/pdcr/bin/crcontrol --dsaddpartition /msdp/vol1

is that the command you talk about ?

@StefanosM 

StefanosM
Level 6

Unfortunately, I do not remember.
It was one of the cases where I did not keep notes.

Hi @solomοn 

That would be the command if you were adding a new mount point to a BYO MDSP.

You should be able to check if the partition is in use using the "crcontrol --dsstat 2" option - this should show all mount points. If the new 4 TB partition doesn't appear, I'd go with @StefanosM and log a support case as it may not be as simple as simply adding the new mount point due to the nature of the instance (persistant data and non-persistant data). 

Cheers
David

solomοn
Level 3

hi @davidmoline  and @StefanosM  , we open a case and the problem resolve
here is what we did through engineer instructions

at first we run this command to see the mount points
#sudo /usr/openv/pdde/pdcr/bin/crcontrol --dsstat 2 | grep -A1 "= Mount point"
as was only 1 mount point we run the next commands to fix the issue

Here are the exact commands to run once in the Flex Appliance Clish.

1. Run this command prior to adding (note the size):# /usr/openv/pdde/pdcr/bin/crcontrol --dsstat
    2. To add the partition:# sudo -u msdpsvc /usr/openv/pdde/pdcr/bin/crcontrol --dsaddpartition /mnt/msdp/vol1
    3. To confirm it's showing correct size (same command as #1):
    # /usr/openv/pdde/pdcr/bin/crcontrol –dsstat

StefanosM
Level 6

that's good.

Just to be accurate, these commands were run at the storage server command line (witch is inside flex appliance) and not at Flex Clish.