cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help about Parameter "-R" Instant VMWare Recovery

admin_bkp007
Level 4

Hi everyone,

I need a little help about how to understand a parameter "-R", I already read this link but the doubt is still in my mind, thanks in advanced.

My restore for instant vmware recovery is working, but when I tried to rename my VM display error: EXIT STATUS 144: invalid command usage

nbrestorevm.exe -vmw -ir_activate -C VM6 -temp_location MYREPO -R change VM6 to VM_NEW

What I did wrong?

Link:https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/doc/21902280-127283730-0/v75959970-127283730

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @admin_bkp007 

Are you receiving the Status 6000 if you put the rename file in the NetBackup logs folder?

The whitelisting should reference a path so "C:\" not a file "C:\file".

David

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

davidmoline
Level 6
Employee

Hi @admin_bkp007 

The rename operation looks okay, but this needs to be included in a file, and the name of the file passed as the parameter to the nbrestorevm command. Note the synax for the command in the link you supplied 

[-R absolute_path_to_rename_file]

Cheers
David

@davidmoline thanks for your answer;

After -R I create a file in path: c:\renanevm.txt in this file I put parameter change HOST06 to VM_NEW.

Ok, now I have message: 

VM restore request returned with status = 6000

EXIT STATUS 6000: The provided path is not whitelisted

But I think now I'm do the parameter "-R" correct...I'll do search about error status 6000 .. thanks.

Hi @admin_bkp007 

Yes whitelisting is something recentish (it has been around for a number of years). You may need to change the location of the rename file to an already whitelisted path (e.g. <INSTALLPATH>\NetBackup\logs\user_ops) or add a path to the BPCD_WHITELIST_PATH config item. Refer to the Admin Guide volume 1 for more details.

David

Nice, I get your point, but unfortunately still persist error 6000, I already create register key and put the file in path (e.g. <INSTALLPATH>\NetBackup\logs\user_ops) but display same error.

Capturar.PNG

Hi @admin_bkp007 

Are you receiving the Status 6000 if you put the rename file in the NetBackup logs folder?

The whitelisting should reference a path so "C:\" not a file "C:\file".

David

Thanks for correction, now I have another error status 22, but your help solve my problem about parameter "-R", thanks !

Error status 22 was caused because I forget to put /r in final of the file, now it's works !