cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to I search logs for the Transport Type?

PaulLaVigne
Level 4

I have a number of policies configured to backup my VM's via the SAN, and with NBD as the secondary option should the SAN backups not work.

Now, I would like to be able to search my logs to find out if/when this has ever occurred.

If I open any given job in my Activity Monitor, and open the Detailed Status, I can clearly see an event that specifies whether the Transport Type was SAN or NBD.

Ex:  

1/7/2015 9:03:58 PM - Info bpbkar(pid=1313) INF - Transport Type =  san 

vs.

12/30/2014 5:01:12 PM - Info bpbkar(pid=16887) INF - Transport Type =  nbd  

I have tried adding the column in the Java Client to view "Transport" but nothing shows up there.

I have tried using the vxlogview command to show the last days events, and then search for the text "Transport Type" but nothing is returned. I have tried this on both the Master and the Media Server (a NBU 5220 appliance, btw)

I have even gone directly into the bpbkar files on the Master Server, and cannot find that text.

How can I quickly search my logs for this information?

Thanks

-Paul

3 REPLIES 3

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

I don't have a system handy, but try the bptm & bpbrm logs on the media server too.

PaulLaVigne
Level 4

Silly me - I was in the wrong folder on the Media Server.. I was in */bin, not */logs

Question now is... I can do a raw search for that text "Transport type =", but then how can I group that with the policy associate with each event?

-P

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I am late to this discussion...

Like revaroo, I do not a system handy to check.

I would try command version of 'all log entries' report: bperror -all (with other relevant options for specific period and client)
or bpdbjobs with -all_colums or most_columns.