Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU Appliance POC Guide

nbuengr2
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi Experts,

It's my 1st time to conduct a POC and I know there will be many challenges that I will encounter.

Is there a document guide or any links that are available upon conducting a POC for NBU appliance?

Like Do's and Don'ts before starting the POC, commonly encountered problems during POC.

I only know some basic stuffs like the configuration (joining in the network), performing sample backups and restores.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Contact the local Symantec SE in your country.

They can assist you with POC template.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Contact the local Symantec SE in your country.

They can assist you with POC template.

Radiya_-_Arroso
Not applicable
Partner Accredited

What is your  criteria for this POC?  Did you want to resolve any issues the customer is facing or did you want to potray the dedupe technology and the savings by using dedupe, to the customer? Also if you have more then one domain, a demo for AIR would be a good idea.

I would highly recommend that you go through the Getting Started Appliance Guide.  Below is the URL

http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC7642

Please let us know what kind of clients you are trying to backup, we can suggest some more recommendations.

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I see partner badge for you. Contact sales or SE for appliance vm which you can practise. 

Go through Appliance Documentation for initial setup rest is complete NBU part. (http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=DOC2792)

Appliance is pretty easy to configure if everything followed correctly.. terminology used are pretty simple to easy to follow.

If its your first time i recommend take assistance from local SE for that customer. Appliance configuration are good if its  in GOOD mood ;-).... else you might end up in troubleshooting at customer end which isn't good show in POC

If appliance hasn't been delievered to end customer, check with SE or sales if you can get hands on at ur site to ensure its operational ... Re-image it completely

setup it in your lab (do not worry SAN is not required for appliance however its essential to have). Connect your appliance in ur network 

connect display , keyboard and mouse locally or use IPMI (Check documentation for more types of installation methods ) Get familiar with it whichever you find flexible with minimum time at customer end.

Go Through pre-reqs required to get appliance up and running.  Get it completed prior you start with appliance so there are no hiccups..

Hope you must be familiar with NBU part hence not highlighting it here.. NBU Documentation are amazing make it your friend  you will soon excel it.

All the best for POC.