cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup issues

bill0621
Level 4

Hi Champs,

I am done with my Netbackup initial training.And i am working on prod environment now.

1........I am performing a restore from client A to client B.On client B what are the requirements  for this restore to be successfull.????(NBU should be installed on B?)

2......I have read the catalog backup guide.it is backup of a running database (hot catalog) .How this is successfull/consistent if database has not been stopped?

3.....all agent based backup use snapshot as basis??(like sql,oracle,vmware,SAP,sybase,EV)

4....my default all clients follow open file backup in  NBU 7.1 ???If yes,Then why we add clients  under host properties???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

Hi,

1) Yes you need NetBackup on client B configured in the same domain

2) A staging copy (via nbdb_backup) of the sybase database is taken and then backed up.

3) No not all backups use VSS.

4) Not sure I follow with that question. All clients will show up in Host Properties once added to policies.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

bill0621
Level 4

Hi Champs,

I am done with my Netbackup initial training.And i am working on prod environment now.

1........I am performing a restore from client A to client B.On client B what are the requirements  for this restore to be successfull.????(NBU should be installed on B?)

2......I have read the catalog backup guide.it is backup of a running database (hot catalog) .How this is successfull/consistent if database has not been stopped?

3.....all agent based backup use snapshot as basis??(like sql,oracle,vmware,SAP,sybase,EV)

4....my default all clients follow open file backup in  NBU 7.1 ???If yes,Then why we add clients  under host properties???

bill0621
Level 4

Hi All,

Please reply if anone is free.

Thanks

Puneet

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

Hi,

1) Yes you need NetBackup on client B configured in the same domain

2) A staging copy (via nbdb_backup) of the sybase database is taken and then backed up.

3) No not all backups use VSS.

4) Not sure I follow with that question. All clients will show up in Host Properties once added to policies.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Puneet asks the same questions over and over and over using different user id's... 

He started out with his own user name - Puneet, then changed it to NIKHIL.... When we got tired of all the theoretical questions, a whole new bunch of user id's were created.... 

I am amazed at his ability to create so many user id's each with own email address......

ALL of the above questions have been asked and answered in various posts by this user.
It will be quite easy for me to search this forum and post the links.
Not sure what the purpose is........