cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore backup exec domino database on netbackup 7.1

cookieh
Level 2

Hi !

I have got some old backup exec media and  backupexec server is retired. I have a request to restore domino database from this retired\expired media using netbackup 7.1. After successful inventory  and importing phase1 and phase2, I am able to restore window files. But when I browse directory for restore I do not see any domino databases i.e nsf files for restore.  Please advise if anybody can help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

What I tried to say was, if the backup was taken using the Domino agent (and I don't think those backups work WITHOUT using it), you shouldn't expect to be able to restore it in NetBackup as NetBackup has no mechanism for handling those backups.

Also, as .nsf files are usually excluded, I'm not surprised you're not seeing them - they may not be there.

Unfortunately, I don't think opening a case will change any of that.

DISCLAIMER: As a NetBackup guy, there is a chance I really have no idea what I'm talking about here.  ;)  I looked for some documentation to back me up, and although you didn't say what version of BE you were using, this TechNote confirmed a lot of my hunches:

How to properly perform a backup of Lotus Domino with Backup Exec 11d for Windows Servers and later.
 http://symantec.com/docs/TECH46513

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CRZ
Level 6

Sorry to tell you Domino is not listed in the statement of support for BETR and I don't believe restore via NetBackup is possible:

DOCUMENTATION: Statement of support for the importing of Backup Exec images in NetBackup 7.x using the Backup Exec Tape Reader
 http://symantec.com/docs/TECH125836

cookieh
Level 2

Hi Chris !

I do not have BETR enabled and I don;t need it. I was able to inventory and performed import Phase1 and Phase2 successfully. I am able to browse all files and folders and can see all the files except nsf files for domino databases. Symantec tech has also advised me to open case and some domino database expert might be able to help. Thanks for your previous reply.

CRZ
Level 6

What I tried to say was, if the backup was taken using the Domino agent (and I don't think those backups work WITHOUT using it), you shouldn't expect to be able to restore it in NetBackup as NetBackup has no mechanism for handling those backups.

Also, as .nsf files are usually excluded, I'm not surprised you're not seeing them - they may not be there.

Unfortunately, I don't think opening a case will change any of that.

DISCLAIMER: As a NetBackup guy, there is a chance I really have no idea what I'm talking about here.  ;)  I looked for some documentation to back me up, and although you didn't say what version of BE you were using, this TechNote confirmed a lot of my hunches:

How to properly perform a backup of Lotus Domino with Backup Exec 11d for Windows Servers and later.
 http://symantec.com/docs/TECH46513