cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM restore Problem

Nas_lGidiyor
Level 4

Hello Gurus,

I have a problem about a VM client restore when I try a restore received errors at the below.

first err. 48 after the /etc/hosts editting 58

11:36:56 - begin reading
 11:36:58 - Error bpbrm (pid=7580) Cannot connect to xxxVMxxx
 11:37:02 - end reading; read time: 0:00:06
 11:37:03 - Error bpbrm (pid=7580) client restore EXIT STATUS 58: can't connect to client

18:14:21 - Error bpbrm (pid=6692) bpcd on xxxVMxxx exited with status 48: client hostname could not be found
 18:14:23 - end reading; read time: 0:00:06
 18:14:26 - Error bpbrm (pid=6692) client restore EXIT STATUS 48: client hostname could not be found
 18:16:07 - end Restore; elapsed time 0:16:14

Master nbu 7.0.1, solaris 10

regards

8 REPLIES 8

RiaanBadenhorst
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

Are you trying to restore the full VM, or just a file from a Mapped Full VM backup?

Nas_lGidiyor
Level 4

Hi,

just a file from a Mapped Full VM backup

thanks

RiaanBadenhorst
Level 6

Hi,

Ok. Have you installed the nbu client in the VM? Also check that the client & master name is configured for the client software in the vm.

Nas_lGidiyor
Level 4

Yes ,client software installed in the vm guest and master/media server conf. is ok in the client

RiaanBadenhorst
Level 6

So you can run bpclntcmd on both client/media/master and it all resolves correctly. If you run bpgetconfig for the client does it work.

Also, is the destination client you're using to restore the hostname of the vm? What did you back the vm up with, UUID/VMDisplay Name/Hostname?

If you login into the client, can you browse the BAR for the files you want to restore?

Nas_lGidiyor
Level 4

this restore  to the orginal client. No alternate host. bpclntcmd command output is ok.

other vm's restore ops. is ok. just this client weird.

Regards

RiaanBadenhorst
Level 6

Hi,

Please post the bpcd (client), bprd (master server), and bpbrm (media server) logs.

And bppllist -U for the policy

Nas_lGidiyor
Level 4

hi ,

this problem fixed.

i am used another vm client for restores and its fine now. Thanks for your helps.