cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

archive bit and full backup

Nate_-_Denver_C
Level 2

Hello, I am trying to find a way to set the archive bit for a file after a full backup - is this possible?  Everything I have read says it will always be cleared after a full backup... using NBU 7.0.1

Thanks!

Nate

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AAlmroth
Level 6
Partner Accredited

If you set the NBU client not to use archive bit (default) but rather timestamp, NBU should not alter the archive bit. This is how we usually implement NBU when migrating from other backup products, which are running concurrently with NBU.

Question: Why would you want to set the archive bit again?

/A

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AAlmroth
Level 6
Partner Accredited

If you set the NBU client not to use archive bit (default) but rather timestamp, NBU should not alter the archive bit. This is how we usually implement NBU when migrating from other backup products, which are running concurrently with NBU.

Question: Why would you want to set the archive bit again?

/A

Nate_-_Denver_C
Level 2

Nevermind - the customer who requested this has just informed me they we wrong in identifying their needs.  Sorry to take up the space...

Nate

Nate_-_Denver_C
Level 2

Thanks A for the info - good to know...  Yeah, I asked the same question to the customer (why?) and they originally told me they had a home-grown process that requried it... then they told me to nevermind.

Thanks again!

Nate