cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get the date of backed up for group of backup id's using bpimagelist from windows master

Pinky472
Level 4

could anyone please help me on how to know the backed up date for group of badckup id's. i can get the details for one particular backup id using bpimagelist -U -backup id. but this will act for one backup id. is there any command like this to get details of 50 bbackup id's.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

if you have backup image names, just extract the epoch time stamp and run it through bpdbm.

e.g. : ural.bck.nnit.com_1483372850

bpdbm -ctime 1483372850
1483372850 = Mon 02 Jan 2017 05:00:50 PM CET

Excel can also convert betwen human and epoch time formats.

View solution in original post

Hi - use the below link which helps you converting the bulk epoch (backup time) to human readble time format.

You may try this .

https://www.epochconverter.com/batch#epoch2human

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

RiaanBadenhorst
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You can add -client to show all the backups for the client 

Add -d for the start date (MM/DD/YYYY)

Add -e for the end date (MM/DD/YYYY)

You can also do it by policy with by adding -policy

Thank you Riaan for the response.

i am not looking for one client.

here i would need to know the date when the images were backed up for some 100 backup id's(100 clients) using bpimagelist or any other command.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

if you have backup image names, just extract the epoch time stamp and run it through bpdbm.

e.g. : ural.bck.nnit.com_1483372850

bpdbm -ctime 1483372850
1483372850 = Mon 02 Jan 2017 05:00:50 PM CET

Excel can also convert betwen human and epoch time formats.

Hello Nicholai,

thanks for the suggestion. but it seems the command suggested by you will gives me only for one backup id., means with that  we can see the backed up date for only one backup id at a time.

would that command helps me to see the same result for group of backup id's(lets say for 50 backup id's) at a time ?

please confirm if something batch file needs to be created for this outcome?

thanks in advance

Hi - use the below link which helps you converting the bulk epoch (backup time) to human readble time format.

You may try this .

https://www.epochconverter.com/batch#epoch2human

Genericus
   VIP   

As NIcolai suggesteed, you can paste a column of backupid into a spreadsheet and have it calculate the dates.

Or, use a loop and process the backupid on your OS.

Since the epoch numbers are sequential numbers counting seconds, you can even get familiar with them enough to gestimate dates pretty closely.

NetBackup 9.1.0.1 on Solaris 11, writing to Data Domain 9800 7.7.4.0
duplicating via SLP to LTO5 & LTO8 in SL8500 via ACSLS

Thank you very much nicholai and shelton for helping  me on this. it was very helpful.

nicholai has given clue and shelton has given the link  to get the solution for my question.

so i have marked both answers as solution

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Thank you for marking :)