cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

policy directive all local drives and selected C,D drive set difference

kabacsk
Level 3

Dear Forum,

1. I have an ms windows policy with C and D drive + system state backup selected (the two drives are local not network drives)
2. I also have an other ms windows policy with ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES directive selected
Is there any difference in terms of backup and restoration?

I read the manual and it says that all local drives directive contains system state as well and backup the local drives.
If I restore 1. numbered backup or 2. numbered backup are they work the same way?

ps: I set the 1. the C and D with streaming to backup concurently. I only see that this is the only difference.

I am looking for you answers

thank you in advance

regards

Karoly

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
You are correct that the policies will backup the same data. The advantage of ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES is that if Backup Admin does not have insight into each client or have a large environment where more drives may be added to the client, there is no need to change the policy. If ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES is specified with 'Allow multiple data streams ' it will also generate 3 streams that can be backed up concurrently.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Level 6
You are correct that the policies will backup the same data. The advantage of ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES is that if Backup Admin does not have insight into each client or have a large environment where more drives may be added to the client, there is no need to change the policy. If ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES is specified with 'Allow multiple data streams ' it will also generate 3 streams that can be backed up concurrently.

kabacsk
Level 3

Thank you for your guidance :)

Marianne
Level 6