cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpsCenter Agent in 9.0.0.1/9.1 missing?

X2
   VIP   

I upgraded my OpsCenter installation to 9.0.0.1 a couple of weeks ago and noticed that the installer did not have option for upgrading the OpsCenter Agent to 9.0.0.1. Even though OpsCenter is running normally, the OpsCenter Agent version is still 9.0.0.0 (Windows 2019 install). With the release of 9.1, I started up the installer to check and OpsCenter Agent installer is still missing!

It did search the documentation for OpsCenter and did not find any reference of the missing installer.

Does anyone know the reason for the change? If not, I will open a case with support.

Update: OpsCenter Admin Guide 9.1 says to install OpsCenter Server first and then OpsCenter View Builder (page 107). No mention of OpsCenter Agent.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

X2
   VIP   

As per support: OpsCenter Agent is not part of Veritas NetBackup OpsCenter anymore. As per the documentation link given above, only two components needs to be installed: OpsCenter Server (required) and OpsCenter View Builder (optional - needed to create views in OpsCenter GUI).

OpsCenter Agent hasn't been used since 7.7! I had the agent as part of my installation procedure but was never used.

PS: When upgrading 9.0 or older to 9.0.0.1 or later, as the installer only installs server and view builder, your system will still have OpsCenter Agent 9.0 installed. I will uninstall it and update if there are any issues.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

X2
   VIP   

As per support: OpsCenter Agent is not part of Veritas NetBackup OpsCenter anymore. As per the documentation link given above, only two components needs to be installed: OpsCenter Server (required) and OpsCenter View Builder (optional - needed to create views in OpsCenter GUI).

OpsCenter Agent hasn't been used since 7.7! I had the agent as part of my installation procedure but was never used.

PS: When upgrading 9.0 or older to 9.0.0.1 or later, as the installer only installs server and view builder, your system will still have OpsCenter Agent 9.0 installed. I will uninstall it and update if there are any issues.