cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DG(mirror) went offline when 1 lun in DG failed.

pgm10s
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified

Hello

I have configure Cluster DG with MS cluster.

On the share DG, I configure mirror volume that come from 2 storages. So in DG we have 2 plexes , 2 Disk (LUN).

When 1 of LUN failed (1 of storage failed), why the entire DG failed (offline)?

But I can manual import DG because 1 plex is still good.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

pgm10s
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified

Please see our DG configuration

RiaanBadenhorst
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Please post errors, there should be something in th event viewer. It could be because chkdsk is set to 1 and the volume was dirty.

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee

Hi pgm10s,

The diskgroup should stay imported when it has lost upto 50% of the disks in the diskgroup.  Since you mentioned that there are only 2 disks, I would think that there might be a different issue going on.  I've seen issues where customers have expanded their volumes and the subdisks get placed on the wrong drive so that when 1 drive is lost there is only part of the subdisks for each plex available.Or there could be a log for the volume that is only on one drive and not the other.  Can you provide a screenshot of VEA of the subdisks tab for the volumes in this diskgroup?  I've attached a screenshot from one of my lab systems to give you an idea of what I would like to see.

As always, you can open a case with Symantec Technical Support if you need more direct or quicker resolution to your issue.

Thank you,

Wally