cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

SFHA Solutions 6.0.1: Cluster Volume Manager (CVM) resiliency features

Liz_Semmelmeyer
Level 4
Employee

The SFHA Solutions 6.0.1 release introduces new CVM functionality to support clusters that are more resilient to storage connectivity failures. These features are available for disk groups created with Veritas Storage Foundation and High Availability (SFHA) Solutions.

• CVM resiliency - enables a node to join the cluster even if the new node does not have connectivity to all the disks in the shared disk group. This behavior ensures that a node that is taken offline can rejoin the cluster. Similarly, a shared disk group can be imported on a node.
  • Redirection of application I/O over the network (I/O shipping) - if a connectivity failure does not affect all the nodes, CVM can redirect application I/O over the network to a node that has access to the storage.
  • Availability of snapshots - internal I/Os to update Data Change Objects (DCOs). If a node loses connectivity to these objects, CVM redirects the internal I/Os over the network to a node that has access.

For more information on the CVM resiliency features, see the following sections in the Veritas Storage Foundation Cluster File System High Availability 6.0.1 Administrator's Guide:

For more information, refer to the section on CVM resiliency features in the Veritas Storage Foundation Cluster File System High Availability 6.0.1 Release Notes.

CVM documentation for other releases and platforms can be found on the SORT website.

0 REPLIES 0