cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Drive to External SATA

mykul
Level 3

I am using BESR 2010 v 9.0.2.37914.

Here is what I am trying to do. I am trying to use the Copy Drive feature to copy the contents of a local internal drive to a SATA drive that is connected to the local system via a SATA to USB adapter. The system recognizes the SATA drive connection but BESR does not see it in the Copy Drive portion of the porgram. BESR does see the SATA drive as a destination for performing a complete backup. Can anyone offer any ideas on why this is happening? Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

I guess you use the BESR console not the SRD, right ?

mykul
Level 3

Yes, the BESR console.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Hm, have you tried checking the show hidden drives checkbox ?

mykul
Level 3

Where is show hidden drives at?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

I think its in the tool menu ?!

mykul
Level 3

I will take a look. Thanks!

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any updates here ?

Cindy_Simms
Not applicable

The exact test you are talking about is done with this enclosure. It is made by Vantec. I just bought one from zipzoomfly. I expect it early next week along with a Seagate 250GB SATA drive.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any updates here ?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any news here ?

mykul
Level 3

I gave up. I couldn't see the drive in the tools menu. I ended up connecting the drive to my old computer, runnning the program to copy disk to disk making the drive bootable to that I could use the drive in my new computer. When I put the new drive in the new computer it would get to the Windows 7 boot screen stating that it needed to reboot to complete the install but it never got past that point. It would just endlessly reboot and never get to a point to where I could log onto the system.

rich232
Not applicable

the way i do it is i have a small ghost dos image and put that on the usb drive and boot to it witch i have dos ver of ghost 8.3 on it then i image the master drive to the usb drive.