cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Recovery 22.0 - does this support Windows 11 ?

weff
Level 4

While I expect that I am being overly optimistic having read the email regarding the Release of System Recovery 22.0 I found no mention of whether or not it supports Windows 11 as yet ?

As I am no longer able to revert back to Windows 10 (from Windows 11) without losing too many changes I have been forced to install an alternate product and initiate  weekly backups using that until System Recovery has support for Windows 11. (and that other product is so tedious to add separate individual disk backups each week. I will be so glad when I can use VSR on the Windows 11 system once more! )

Is there any news yet as to a possible approximate time frame for Windows 11 Support ? I tried searching for Windows 11 but it instead searched for windows and 11 so couldn't find any previous threads discussing the issue.

Is there any news as to whether or not work has started on adding support for Windows 11 ?

Based on past history I realize that the work has to be scheduled and that takes time so any information available will be gratefully received.

Geoff

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

klauskresnik
Employee Accredited Certified

Veritas is committed to VSR and with VSR22 we even added a brand-new VSR Manager, a replacement of the VSR Management Solution, which required engineering's full attention and more to come.
Because of that, there was a delay in the proliferation support.
Windows 10 21H2 and Windows 11 support should be achieved by the end of February 2022, as it is currently undergoing the qualification process. We are consistently working to optimize our processes and will ensure in future to deliver proliferation support in a timely fashion.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

CQ
Level 5

I am just shaking my head.  I just downloaded their software compatibility list for VSR 22 dated 2/7/2022.  I see no listing for Windows 11.  I also do not even see a listing for Windows 10 21H2!!,  With VSR 21.3, we waited over 6 months for support on Windows 10 21H1.  It was finally added to their comparability list in December 2021.  This borders on the ridiculous.

Please Veritas give us some answers.  Our company has used this software for over 10 years but we may have to consider another product if Veritas continues LONG lags on capability,  I am starting to wonder if VSR has been given a backseat in the Veritas product line and ultimately will disappear. 

CQ

klauskresnik

Veritas is committed to VSR and with VSR22 we even added a brand-new VSR Manager, a replacement of the VSR Management Solution, which required engineering's full attention and more to come.
Because of that, there was a delay in the proliferation support.
Windows 10 21H2 and Windows 11 support should be achieved by the end of February 2022, as it is currently undergoing the qualification process. We are consistently working to optimize our processes and will ensure in future to deliver proliferation support in a timely fashion.

CQ
Level 5

Thank you for the reply.  That is encouraging news.  Will Windows 10 21H2 also be supported? Thank you.

CQ

klauskresnik

Yes, we are planning to support Windows 10-21H2 and Windows 11 by the end of February 2022.

weff
Level 4

Thanks - I'll be glad when VSR is available again.

Steve_Fuller
Level 4

Version 21 works perfectly in Windows 11.  Backing up nightly from nvme ssd, sata ssds and spinning disks.  Just did a restore of a Windows 11 insider preview dev. build to a Samsung 980 pci 3.0 nvme in a Z690 DDR5 new pc.

I too had a working VSR under Windows 11 - after an inplace upgrade to Win 11 (after tweaking the install code to ignore my CPU type). I also ran a number of backups afterwards - and that initially worked fine too - up until 60 days after the upgrade occurred. Then the license needed to be re-synced and the license was no longer accepted due to invalid OS. No more VSR - and 60 days after the upgrade no method to revert back to Windows 10 either too.

As well, due to Microsoft leaving out Compatibility Mode Support for Windows 10 - it us not possible to tweak VSR executable(s) to support Windows 11 as we did previously to support Windows 10.

So you are then stuck without VSR once the license expires. Other than that an inplace VSR will continue working until the 60 day license refresh timer expires. Had that license not needed to be refreshed VSR would have been fine I think. Though it probably also does not allow you to create a new System Recovery boot disk due to the OS incompatibility. So you might have working backups but note be able to restore data from those backups - especially if you haven't already created a system recovery disk under Windows 10.

Due to the OS version VSR will not install from scratch either so until a new compatible version is available in order to still have backups you will need to find an alternative product that already supports Windows 11.

Steve_Fuller
Level 4

You must have another issue, I upgraded to Windows 11 in June.  I never needed to place VSR in compatibility mode.  I upgraded to version 22 this week and it accepted the entitlement key.

weff
Level 4

I have Windows 11 Pro.

I have no idea what happened in December as the license key needed to be updated then when VSR had been working successfully after upgrading to Win 11 in October - but I have just now reinstalled 21.3 with an auto-update to 21.4 and VSR accepted the ver 21 license key - without any issues.

Thanks for the advice as I much prefer using VSR and I would otherwise have waited until the release of the "officially" accepted Win 11 version of VSR  I will upgrade to VSR 22 later - after I check that VSR21.4 is working properly.

Just an update to this.

I upgraded to VSR 22.0 without any issues and was able to create a new VSR 22 Recovery ISO plus perform a full C: drive disk partition backup and it all worked flawlessly.So despite the weird issues I had in December with Windows 11 Pro and VSR 21.3 - VSR is now upgraded to VSR 22.0 and operating flawlessly on Windows 11 Pro version.

I look forward to the "official" VSR 22.x version that supports Windows 10-21H2 as well as Windows 11 (Pro|Home).

klauskresnik

VSR22 is now officially supporting Windows 10-21H2 and Windows 11.

Please check the updated VSR Software Compatibility List.

robivit
Level 0

Issue with Windows 11 & VSR22 clean install on Dell XPS8940.

Samsung 970 Pro (OS), WD 6TB (Data). One time backup image works ok. When I reboot in recovery (either LightsOut or USB) the OS is not visible, the D drive becomes the C drive. I can performed a restore however. 

The problem after restore, VSR22 has no more backup images saved.

System recovery disk is created with "Typical" and note Advanced option.

All drivers updated. Tried with or without the Samsung 3.3 NMVE drive.

Tech support is useless so far. Keep on telling to create new VSRD. I've being using Veritas from 18, 21 and now 22.

SAME PC with Windows 10 have no issue. Thank you for any feedback :)

BIOS.jpg

diskpart list.jpg

LightsOut boot.jpg

TobyAS
Level 0

I am running Windows 11 22H2. Which version of VSR should I install? 22 doesn't even open the installation wizard.

P_Jeal
Employee

Windows 11 build 22H2 is not currently supported with any VSR, but is due to be in the next release, expected in a few weeks.