cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VSR 23 Error Code E7D1000E During Restore

Gonad
Level 4

I'm using the latest version of VSR (VSR 23.0.2.63015) with Windows 11 Pro and have discovered a problem during a file restore using the Recovery Point Browser.

I was trying to restore an unencrypted folder containing images. The restore failed with the above error code every time it encountered a file containing %20 in its name. Files with %20 in their names are perfectly valid Windows names and so there should not be any problem restoring them.

For example, when trying to recover a file called Picture%201426.jpg from a disk image file, it reports:

Cannot recover file 'E:\Temp\Picture 1426.jpg'

Error E7D1000E: Unable to open

and then it tells me that the file does not exist.

I've managed to get these images back from a different computer and have since renamed them to remove %20 from their filenames to prevent this problem reoccurring in the future.

I just want to bring this bug to someone's attention.

Thanks,

Alan

3 REPLIES 3

akihiro1
Employee

When directly recovering files from Recovery Point Browser, there are some limitations.
I was not aware of %20 restore issue but I knew that Office file restore issue.

When the restore fails from Recovery Point Browser, please mount the recovery point file to File Explorer.
In the Recovery Point Browser, right-click the recovery point file, and select "Mount Recovery Point".
After that, copy the file including %20 from the mounted drive in File Explorer.
It will work fine.

Thanks for the reply. I'm aware that files can be recovered by mounting a recovery point as a drive.

I just wanted to make sure that you were aware of %20 problem so that it can be corrected in a future update.

Alan

akihiro1
Employee

I will ask Engineering to fix this issue in the future release.

Thanks,