cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VSR Management Solution Unable To Create Policy - 404 Not Found Error

JimmyB2
Level 4

Hi all,

I have installed on my VM  (Windows Server 2016) VSR Management Solution 21 and now I would like to create some backup policies to centrally manage backup.

However, I am not able to create any backup policy - when I click on "create" string I got this error message - 404 Not Found We are sorry but we could not find what you were looking for - see attached picture 1.

I have no idea what is wrong and how to troubleshoot this issue. It is completely weird as I am able to add new client computers to MS and I can deploy VSR plug in to client computers.

Do you have any suggestion what to check? Could it be an issue with the database server? Should I apply NFR license for example? Are there any associated logs?

Thanks for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

My issue has been solved. The key point was to set proper/higher permissions for the user, that accesses the app.

Troubleshooting:

I was digging through as many logs as possible, however I was not able to find anything useful for me regarding error output Unable To Create Policy - 404 Not Found Error. I went through

- C:\ProgramData\Symantec\Symantec Agent

- C:\inetpub\logs (it is log of Microsoft IIS web server, I have enabled viewing of detailed messages)

Finally, It occurred to me to change Security settings. In the upper task bar under Settings -> Security -> Security Role Manager I have adjusted (raised) permissions for my user and Bingo! Creation of policies and destionation storage works.

Browsing of destination storages is still not possible, however it is possible to copy full path of the destination storage to the destination field.

See you next time!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

I think on the VSR MS there is a programm called altiris log viewer. There you could find some hints what'S going on.

akihiro1
Employee

I do not know if the issue is resolved but please try below.

0. Close Internet Explorer.

1. Please install AltirisNSCABInstaller_x86.msi that is extracted from "ActiveX control.zip" in the below URL.

https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/article.100047014

2. You will find some XXXXXXXX folders in the below folder. Move them to your desktop or temp folder.

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE\XXXXXXXX

Where, XXXXXXXX is random characteres like HNE2F99W.

3. Open Management solution console, and press "Create".

Descriptions:
When pressing "Create", NewBackupPolicyPopupPage[1].htm is generated in "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE\XXXXXXXX\". This htm file forms "Backup Policies" screen.
If 404 error appears, I guess that NewBackupPolicyPopupPage[1].htm is not correctly generated in the above folder. 
So I suggest to move XXXXXXXX folders to the other folder.

Hi @akihiro1

your workaround looks good, however it is not possible to download "ActiveX control.zip" because of error:

An error occurred while processing your request.

Reference #50.449a1702.1612253074.251dd50b

Are you able to download this package?

akihiro1
Employee

Hi 

I could download "ActiveX control.zip" now again. I use Chrome.
I attached the file that I downloaded.

Thanks,

@akihiro1thanks for posting the package.

After extracting it I have fallen into another pitfall - the issue with the installer package - "There is a problem with the Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor." See attached picture.

akihiro1
Employee

Probably the package may be installed already because I also see the same error now when trying to install it again after installing the package.

Thanks,

My issue has been solved. The key point was to set proper/higher permissions for the user, that accesses the app.

Troubleshooting:

I was digging through as many logs as possible, however I was not able to find anything useful for me regarding error output Unable To Create Policy - 404 Not Found Error. I went through

- C:\ProgramData\Symantec\Symantec Agent

- C:\inetpub\logs (it is log of Microsoft IIS web server, I have enabled viewing of detailed messages)

Finally, It occurred to me to change Security settings. In the upper task bar under Settings -> Security -> Security Role Manager I have adjusted (raised) permissions for my user and Bingo! Creation of policies and destionation storage works.

Browsing of destination storages is still not possible, however it is possible to copy full path of the destination storage to the destination field.

See you next time!