cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veritas System Recovery 21 Question

Harley55
Level 3

Can Veritas System Recovery 21 backup and restore a Windows 11 Pro UEFI Secure Boot System? and is backup EXE 22 a replacement for Recovery 21?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Harley55
Level 3

I just finished backing up and restoring using Veritas System Recovery 21 and it works fine with Windows 11 Pro UEFI boot systems. Since Veritas does not respond to any phone calls to upgrade to System Recovery 22 I will move on to Macrium System recovery.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

akihiro1
Employee

System Recovery 22 supports backups and restores for Windows 11 Pro (including UEFI & secure boot).
System Recovery 21.x does not support them. 

<Software Compatibility List for System Recovery 22>
https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/doc/VSR_22_SCL

Page 11
Windows 11 Home 21H2 x86-64
Windows 11 Pro 21H2 x86-64
Windows 11 Pro Education 21H2 x86-64
Windows 11 Education 21H2 x86-64
Windows 11 Pro for Workstations 21H2 x86-64
Windows 11 Enterprise 21H2 x86-64
Windows 11 IOT 21H2 x86-64

<System Recovery 22 Trialware>
https://www.veritas.com/form/trialware/system-recovery
Full installation media for System Recovery 22.0 and System Recovery Manager Multilingual on Windows

<System Recovery 22 Download Center (Eligible users) >
https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/downloads/detail.REL212632
System_Recovery_22.0.0_62226_Multilingual_Product.zip

Harley55
Level 3

It let me update to 21.0.4.62143. When I run the update for eligible user for Recovery 22 it errors out  Fatal Error: error 1316 The specified account already exists. If I try to uninstall System Recovery 21 I get FATAL ERROR: Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personal or package vendor. Action Stop WebApi, location: C:\Windows\ system32\, command:cmd.exe /c sc.exe stop "Veritas WebAPI Services" Any Help here?

akihiro1
Employee

First, reboot and retry to upgrade to VSR 22.

If the issue is not gone, please perform below.

1. Open command prompt in administrator mode.
  2. Run below.
    cd C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319
    InstallUtil.exe /U "C:\Program Files\Veritas\Veritas System Recovery\Agent\HostService.exe"
    sc delete “Veritas WebAPI Services”
  3. Confirm Veritas WebAPI services is deleted in Services screen.
  4. Reboot.
  5. Try to upgrade to VSR 22.

Please let me know the results.

Looking in the services Veritas WebAPI it isn't there on the running system. Can you upgrade using the Recovery 21 key. And how long does it take for Veritas to sell me another key?

akihiro1
Employee

Even if Veritas Web API does not exist, please perform below once.

1. Open command prompt in administrator mode.
  2. Run below.
    cd C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319
    InstallUtil.exe /U "C:\Program Files\Veritas\Veritas System Recovery\Agent\HostService.exe"
  3. Reboot.
  4. Try to upgrade to VSR 22.

If the issue is not gone, please open a support case. We may need to get log files or registry info.

The System Recovery 21 key is incompatible with System Recovery 22. But customers are able to upgrade to System Recovery 22 without the key as a trial (60 days).
I am an engineer and I have no info about sales. Please contact Sales for purchase.

Harley55
Level 3

When I try to update Veritas System Recovery 21 to 21.0.3.62137 it asks for Disk 1 (Solved)

Harley55
Level 3

I just finished backing up and restoring using Veritas System Recovery 21 and it works fine with Windows 11 Pro UEFI boot systems. Since Veritas does not respond to any phone calls to upgrade to System Recovery 22 I will move on to Macrium System recovery.