cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veritas System Recovery 23 - How to make backup of config

BartlomiejT
Level 1

Like in subject, I'm wondering how to back up the program's configuration, along with the backup tasks and all the rest of the settings. How can I approach this? I tried to look for a solution on the Internet, including VOX Veritas, but I did not find an answer to my problem.

By the way, I'd also like to ask about the other thing, I can't figure out how to set up hidden volumes backup. The copy is made correctly to an external network resource, but Veritas does not delete the oldest one and, despite setting the storage to 3 copies back, still creates new ones. I checked the configuration, created a copy job again, but I couldn't find a solution.

Thanks a lot for your answers and have a nice day :)

2 REPLIES 2

akihiro1
Employee

Today I published the below information. Could you check if this issue happens and try the workaround?

EFI recovery point files in an offsite copy location are not deleted on Veritas System Recovery 23.

After performing the workaround, run the backup job. The generation management will work from the recovery points that are created by the backup job. The old recovery points need to be removed by yourself because they are out of the generation management.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

For all the settings of the backup job take a backup of the *.pqj file located under c:\programdata\veritas\veritas system recovery\schedule\

Regarding other settings try to backup settings.ini and veritas system recovery.notify.xml