cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nbuita - Backup reports that span 24 hours

DPeaco
   VIP   

Greetings,

NBUITA on Linux - version 11.3 of nbuita.

I'm curious as to why a backup report shows backups all ending at 00:00 AM (12:00 midnight) even though the backups didn't end until well AFTER midnight. I'm also figuring out that NBUITA calls it a day.....at midnight even when the backup window is 07:00 hours to 07:00 hours the following day. So a backup that ran 20 hours still shows in the report that it ended at midnight, when it really ended at 11:00 hours the following day.

If a backup starts at 17:00 hours on 5 Feb 2024 and doesn't end until 03:35 hours on 6 Feb 2024, why does nbuita say that the job ended at 12:00 midnight? Any insight as to why this is like this?

Thanks,
Dennis
8 REPLIES 8

Robert_Geller
Level 4
Employee

@DPeaco  which report are you referring to? Backup Executive Summary report? Job Summary?  Do you have a screenshot?

DPeaco
   VIP   

@Robert_Geller 

Let's start with this as I'm sure this will help us resolve most of the daily confusion.

Daily Backup Status Summary

Policy Name             Schedule Name     Summary Status Desc    Job Start Date                  Job Finish Date

vmw_windows_OS   vnw_full                  Successful                      Feb 7, 2024 8:00:00 PM  Feb 7, 2024 12:00:00 AM

This backup started at the time listed in the report. However, the job finished at 8:14:33 PM of the same day, Feb 7 but reported it as finishing at 12:00:00 AM on Feb 7, 2024.

Screenshot sample is attached.

Thanks,
Dennis

DPeaco
   VIP   

And here is a snippet of a backup that runs more than 24 hours. The date does change but the finish time is always 12:00:00 AM.

Thanks,
Dennis

Robert_Geller
Level 4
Employee

@DPeaco  which template is that report  Daily Backup Status Summary based on?

DPeaco
   VIP   

@Robert_Geller 

Screenshot 2024-02-08_rpt_template.png

Thanks,
Dennis

Robert_Geller
Level 4
Employee

@DPeaco  Can you run the JOB SUMMARY report for the jobs in question and look at the start / finish dates?  It looks like you are trying to modify/customize the Job Status Summary report (a custom report)

DPeaco
   VIP   

@Robert_Geller 

I can and did run the Job Summary report. This report gives 20x more info that my system administrators want. The only thing I need out of this report that I am running? Is the correct end-date/time. Then the report would be perfect.

Thanks,
Dennis

@DPeaco Im not sure what is wrong with the customized report that is showing the wrong dates.  Is the Job Summary report showing the right jobs, just too many columns?  If so, is filtering the unnecessary columns / not displaying them an option?