Forum Discussion

YOP
Level 3
13 years ago

Veritas cluster query on windows

Hello,

I am fresh with Veritas cluster and need to find a way to query a machine and find out whether it is active in the cluster.

Is it by SNMP? some CLI command?

Would appreciate a specific solution...

Thanks in advance

Yaniv

• Yaniv,

The easiest way to determine if a host is active in a cluster is to run the following command:

#> hasys -state

That being said, this will only tell you whether the HAD service is running and what nodes are "seeded."  If you are more interested in the status of service groups, you will want to run the follwing command:

#> hastatus -sum

or

#> hastatus

These commands are platform agnostic.

Hope this helps,

Joe D

13 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Yaniv,

The SNMP trap option is designed more for notifications rather than execution. There a multiple severity levels that will trigger when a notification is to be sent. If It were set to "information" that will send any and all cluster event log info which would include leaving and joining the cluster.  However, this would not be something you would necessarily launch yourself.

In terms of SOAP support, I was led to believe that was EOL'd from Microsoft in favor of .NET, either way though I am not all that familiar with the implementing this feature.

One other option is the MOM integration with VCS. Please take a look at the following document. https://sort.symantec.com/public/documents/sfha/5.1sp2/windows/productguides/pdf/SFW_VCS_MOM_2005_51SP2.pdf

Starting on page 33, you can review what information is available via the MOM Pack for VCS.

Lastly,  Storage Foundation and VCS are both available to managed from the Veritas Operations Manager Console (VOM).  This is a free tool that can manage and report the status on VCS clusters irrespective of the OS platform.  This may be your best option if you are trying to avoid logging directly into a cluster to determine its status.

Hope this helps,

Joe D

• Joe, that seems to be what I needed - thanks for your quick response.

Just one more thing - is there a way to retrieve this data remotely? (SNMP? SOAP?)

Thanks

Yaniv

• Yaniv,

The easiest way to determine if a host is active in a cluster is to run the following command:

#> hasys -state

That being said, this will only tell you whether the HAD service is running and what nodes are "seeded."  If you are more interested in the status of service groups, you will want to run the follwing command:

#> hastatus -sum

or

#> hastatus

These commands are platform agnostic.

Hope this helps,

Joe D