Forum Discussion

Jason555
Level 3
10 months ago

B2D file contents

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a way to view the contents (backup sets/media sets) within a B2D file?  I have some very old B2D files that I want to delete but want to make sure I am not deleting any backup sets I want to keep.  I can inventory and catalog the B2D files but I can't find any associations between the Backup Sets and the actual B2D files.  Back in the days with tapes, you can view the media sets within a tape easily.  Any suggestions???  Please help!  Thank you very much!

Jason

4 Replies

• After you inventory and catalog the B2D files, expire the backup sets that you don't want.  BE will then delete if necessary the corresponding B2D files.

Jason555
      Level 3

There are some errors during the cataloging.  I think some of the B2D files are damaged or corrupted which I want to remove them but I have no idea which B2D files I can delete.  Is there a way to just query if there are any backup sets in a B2D file?  There must be someway Backup Exec is tracking them otherwise backup/restore will fail to use the B2D files. 

pkh

When they are inventory and cataloged, BE will then be able to keep track of the B2D files.

• How do I tell if there are any corrupt B2D files that I can safely remove to free up disk space?