Forum Discussion

downsouth
Level 4
8 years ago

Backup VHD for offsite DR thoughts

Have this delima... Small compnay but have an offiste DR location... I want to Backup my Virtuals (VHD's/ Hyper V) and then take them out to my DR site and say put them a restore state if needed. Our "pipe" to the DR location is small and cannot handle the traffic load to do any sort of replication or straight BU's to said location. Again small company $$..... So.. say I do a weekly backup of said Virtuals, then take it out to said DR site and did some sort of restore but not brought online unless needed. (I know my files would be old) but basically I do nightly file saves of the DB's and certian files I need to catch things up. If needed I can take the Virtuals down during the backup at night. 

Make any sense? 

• Unless you're using Optimized Dedupe with BE, this is less of a Veritas question and more of a Hyper-V question. If you're taking backups across you'd simply recatalog them on the remote DR BE server. If not, and it's a copy of the Hyper-V files, it is a Microsoft question. Thanks!

1 Reply

• Unless you're using Optimized Dedupe with BE, this is less of a Veritas question and more of a Hyper-V question. If you're taking backups across you'd simply recatalog them on the remote DR BE server. If not, and it's a copy of the Hyper-V files, it is a Microsoft question. Thanks!