Forum Discussion

5 years ago

backupexecmanagementservice.exe consumes all available RAM

I have a recent problem starting to occur on Backup Exec 2016.  The Backupexec Management Service starts consuming all the RAM, then it fills the pagefile.sys which consumes all capacity on my C driv...
    memoryleak2
    5 years ago

Hi, Just to update you.  The significant memory leak issue still occurs since I put in the described Anti Virus exclusions.  The backupexecmanagementservice.exe starts consuming all available RAM (24GB) and all available C drive space (30GB) and then Backup Exec crashes in a heap! 

The only way that I've worked around this is to manually stop the Backup Exec Management Service (in Control Panel->Services) with the Backupexec Management console closed.  The backups still work in the background.  But if I want to view them, or make amendments, then I start the above service, access the console, then stop the service again.  If I don't or forget to do this, then my backup exec server falls over  in about ~4 hours due to running out of RAM / disk space!  It's a race against time for this memory leak!

Not ideal for a corporate backup server solution from Veritas!

I do suspect a bug has been triggered in this service caused by a Microsoft Windows update for the .Net Framework, as I've know that I've seen lots of other errrors relating to Windows Quality / Security updates to the .NET framework.  But I have no idea which Windows update has caused this.  Does anyone know what version of the .Net Framework Backupexec 16 is certified to work stably with?