Forum Discussion

ARF_UK
Level 2
8 years ago

DQL SDK document

I'm working on Veritas Data Insight Version 5.1.1.8050

The help file states:  “For more information about creating DQL queries, see the Veritas Data Insight SDK Programmer's Guide.”

The most up-to-date copy of this document that I can find (via google) is a Symantec branded document version 4.0 dated June 2013.  Is there a more up to date one? 

Specifically I’m interested in whether I can extract the file group (not just the extension) from queries on path.  At the moment I’m extracting the extension and converting to file group in excel, but there must be a better way.  The SDK document I have (2013) has a section on DQL Objects/Tables, but it doesn't reference file groups.  I'm wondering if the set of available objects/tables has changed since the date of the doc. 

6 Replies

ARF_UK
      Level 2

Thanks.  Marianne2 

Nearly there, but not quite.  The SDK document contains a description of all the objects and attributes available for reporting (ie a schema of sorts).   There's no such list in the user guide.

I'm making progress, though.

• Hi, 

You can find a most recent publication of SDK on SORT, or in zip file when you download Datainsight 6.0.

Concerning filegroups, I extract information from "filegroup" column in path table, and then I used SQL query to format the result. here a sample of what I do. The report produces a listing containing Volume and number of files for known and unknown filegroups

FROM path
    GET basename, filegroups, extension, size
    IF type="FILE"
    FORMAT filegroups AS TABLE filegroups
    SORTBY filegroups

/* SQL query *//

CREATE TABLE path_MB(path_rowid INTEGER, filegroups TEXT, no_files INTEGER, size_MB INTEGER);
    INSERT INTO path_MB
    SELECT a.path_rowid, b.filegroups, COUNT(a.basename), ROUND(sum(a.size)/1048576.0, 2) 
      FROM path a, filegroups b
      WHERE a.path_rowid=b.path_rowid
      AND a.extension!=''
      GROUP BY b.filegroups
    UNION
    SELECT a.path_rowid,'Unclassified File Group', COUNT (a.basename), ROUND(SUM(a.size)/1048576.0, 2) 
      FROM path a
      WHERE a.extension=''