Forum Discussion

14 years ago

Puredisk 6.6.1 Exchange Backups taking very long time

Hi

I was wondering if anyone else was having issues in regards to this?

All the SPA's I have upgraded to 6.6.1 , The Exchange backups have started to increase in time quite dramatically. Our Enviroment is MS Exchange 2007 with SP3

As an example. A server that used to take 6 Hours to backup went to 10 hours then 17, then 22, then 30, then 77 and the current backup is still running. This server is on LAN to the SPA aswell.  Its the GRT Phase thats taking all the time, The Store of the logs and mailbox is still taking the normal amount of time. The backups usually complete but the GRT part fails.

I was wondering if anyone else has had similar issue and if so logged a case? If not I will log a case next week. I have a few other open cases right now so looking to get some resolution on those before I create another case.

Thanks in advance

Simon

• Okay, after working with my Exchange Admin, he restarted the "System Attendant" service and backup times have returned to normal.

Its a strange issue which I have only seen on 6.6.1

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Okay, after working with my Exchange Admin, he restarted the "System Attendant" service and backup times have returned to normal.

Its a strange issue which I have only seen on 6.6.1