Forum Discussion

Ovi_I
Level 4
8 years ago

End of Support for Backup Exec Versions in 2019

Hello   I am working for a large company and i am in charge of all backups running Backup Exec. Did become aware that from 2019 the software will be EOL, and i am wondering if did undestand this r...
    8 years ago

Backup Exec 16 is NOT the last version it is just the current version - we do not confirm roadmaps and as such End Of Life documentation cannot state when BE 16 will be End-of-Life (EOL) or when a future version will be released

Our current policy is to support a version of BE until the next version is released or until we clearly state that a product has been discontinued (which we have NOT done for BE) - After a new version is released we will then continue to provide Standard Support of that older version for one year or the release of a 2nd new version (whichever time is shorter).  Following on from that 1 year, it is possible to purchase up to 2 further years of extended support where Tech Support (but not engineering level) assistance is still available.

Anyone on maintenance contracts when a new version is released are eligible to receive licenses for the new version so can upgrade (and extend their support lifecycle in the process) Basically this means as long as you maintain your maintenance you can remain supported just by upgrading when newer versions are released.

Definitions and the The EOL status  (including End of Standard Support / EOSS and End of Support Life / EOSL) dates for various Backup Exec versions are listed in the following document - please note BE 16 is listed in the table as TBD (To Be Decided) because it is the current version and therefore is not in an part of the End-of-Life process at this current time.

http://www.veritas.com/docs/000116356