Forum Discussion

Inabus
Level 2
13 years ago

Problem with the Oracle VCS 5.1 resource and DetailMonitor = 1

Hi, I am attempting to configure the DetailMonitor = 1 option of the Oracle resource in a service group but am running into LogonUser failed error messages in the Oracle_A.txt file. The issue is wi...
    13 years ago

1. Does anyone know what command is being run by VCS to connect to the database as its not shown in the log files?

A. To see the output in the log files you can set the LogDbg for type Oracle value to DBG_1, this will start putting the more verbose debug logs in the log file. The agent uses a SQL script file (mentioned in attribute SQLFile ), which is executed during detail monitor. The agent creates a temporary script file using the script file mentioned in SQLFile  attribute. It will connect using sqlplus as sysdba before executing the temporary script file.

2. My second question is does anyone know what I am doing wrong and what permissions will be required by the account VCS uses as I am in a highly locked down environment so have to work within the security framework.

A. Can you provide the Windows error code mentioned in the log file with LogonUser failure? The agent uses the LogonUser API before executing the SQL script in that user’s context and the user must have the SE_INTERACTIVE_LOGON_NAME account right. Can you check again after changing the rights for the user?.