Forum Discussion

18 years ago

0x2000040d - S_TF_NO_TAPE_PRESENT

Greetings -- Yesterday I upgraded from BE 10d evaulation to licensed BE 11d on Win2003 SBS with a Quantum Travan 40 ATAPI. Installation went fine.

Manually ran a full backup job. It worked just fine. Pulled that tape, inserted new tape to let the scheduled Incremental job run last night. Came in this morning and found the following error:

0x2000040d - S_TF_NO_TAPE_PRESENT

It said for more information, refer to link V-79-8192-1037. This link was a dead-end saying no additional information was available.

The log seems to show that the tape was retensioned at the beginning of the job (as it was supposed to) and then this message appeared.

Any ideas?

2 Replies

• Hello,

Kindly install the latest Drivers of Veritas:

Symantec Backup Exec (tm) 11d (11.0.6235) - Device Driver Installer (20061215) - Includes Tape Driver Release (23) and Robotic Library Release (70) (32-bit only)

http://support.veritas.com/docs/286521

Thank You,

Shweta
  • It has taken a while to get back to the customer site, but I have downloaded and attempted to install the latest device drivers using the link that was provided in the reply to my post. The installation gets almost to the end and then it does a "roll back" and says that the installation has failed -- try again later. I have tried several times and continue to get the same error. Is there another link to get the latest tape device drivers?