Forum Discussion

Kerm007
Level 4
2 years ago

Backup exec 10 catalog error

hello

i'm on the process of restoring data from old tapes to external disk

i did the inventory and when i try to do the catalog it fail on all tapes with media error 

what can i do to get a good catalog and then i will restore the data i need ?

Thanks 

• As this is a different error can you please start a new thread.

That said one thought I had is if this happens after a reboot you have attempted to open the BE Gui too quickly and all the services haven't finished starting up. In which case the Gui would not be able to open and you would get the password prompt (there would also be a message somewhere indicating not all services are started).

Then by the time you enter the password and press enter all the services have started running and the Gui opens as normal.

Its a bit of a guess but the only thing I can think of. If you start a new thread I'll post this reply.again.

18 Replies

• ok i just need to restore the best i can old tapes and then we will throw the old tape into garbage 

yes i see some data to be restored i have mix result without the option uncheck and catalog folder removed 

Thanks 

• one question i have is before when i start the server and start bexec it ask me a password 

now when i start Bexec i get not prompt not sur what change since the last time 

regards 

• well after i reboot twice i get the popup to enter the password in Bexec 

thanks 

• As this is a different error can you please start a new thread.

That said one thought I had is if this happens after a reboot you have attempted to open the BE Gui too quickly and all the services haven't finished starting up. In which case the Gui would not be able to open and you would get the password prompt (there would also be a message somewhere indicating not all services are started).

Then by the time you enter the password and press enter all the services have started running and the Gui opens as normal.

Its a bit of a guess but the only thing I can think of. If you start a new thread I'll post this reply.again.