Forum Discussion

SCT-MS
Level 1
8 years ago

Backup Exec 15 Disaster Recovery Documentation

I am looking for Backup Exec 15 documenation and guides on proper or best practice DR backup and recovery.  Specifically some documentation on using the SDR disk .iso to boot to a server and recover and how that product works.  I can find some setup information for it but not sure what it does, how it works, or if it is the solution that I am looking for right now.  I need to test my new backups with this software in an isolated environment to make sure they all work and I am having issues finding proper documentation that is not too vague.  I have looked online through Veritas' website and some links come up empty just when I think I found what I am looking for. 

One question about the SDR recovery image, can it be used to choose which server that you wish to recover once you boot to it?  Or is is a disk to recover only one server at a time?   This link, https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/15047/prepare-for-disaster-recovery.PID_15047.html, is the one I was using and as you can tell, some documents are missing from it.  

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply