Forum Discussion

SpawnXX
Level 3
11 years ago

Backup Exec 2014: Application Error

Yesterday PM., I had upgraded my 2012 installation to 2014. Upgrade went fine.  I manually started a VM backup job and then this morning one of the BE service was down. I looked at the event logs and found that the application has crash.

Faulting application name: beserver.exe, version: 14.1.1786.0, time stamp: 0x5371d6c1

Faulting module name: beserver.exe, version: 14.1.1786.0, time stamp: 0x5371d6c1

Exception code: 0xc0000409

Fault offset: 0x0000000000660b64

Faulting process id: 0x1514

Faulting application start time: 0x01cf80bb86e30700

Faulting application path: D:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\beserver.exe

Faulting module path: D:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\beserver.exe

Report Id: dd7d0a26-ecae-11e3-b916-2c59e54739cb

Also I had to swith the interface in english ( I was in french ).  I couldnt edit my jobs with the french interface. Everything is offset when you edit the vCenter jobs .

6 Replies

• Hi,

Open up BEutility.exe and run a repair of the BEDB. See if this works, and post back with an update.

Thanks!

• I would strongly suggest that you log formal support cases (1 for the crash and 1 for the edit jobs in French Language issue)

• Hi

I tried everything I could .

Repair Catalog.

Run a Database Maintenance

Repair the BE installation

Monitored for errors in SGMON. nothing special. ( all logs were activated )

The service BE server keeps crashing.  My DB is 43GB.

Another service was also crashing when I opened the the BE interface  ( BE Management Service ).

I see the loading data screen and it stays open foreever, until I click cancel

I'm using a dedicated  SQL 2008 R2 for the database server.

This morning,  I had uninstalled everything and deleted all configuration ( I kept a copy of my catalog folder ) and reinstalled from scratch and reconfigured all my jobs and then I ran an inventory on my B2D disk.

I kept the BE GUI opens to check the process for a couple of hours then it crashed with a long .NET message .  In the event log I can see this message below.  I didnt have these issues with BE2012 btw. only incremental were broken on my VM servers.

A process crash has been detected.

Faulting application: BackupExec.exe 14.1.1786.0

Faulting module: KERNELBASE.dll 6.1.7601.18229

Fault offset 0x940d

Exception code 0xe0434352.

• I forgot to ask , anyone know when Symantec will send the email to upgrade BE2012 to BE2014 for clients with a valid maintenance contrat?

I manage 22 sites with Backup Exec and none have received the email to upgrade..

• I have this exact same error, on a Server 2012R2 server running BE 2014.

I have a case open with support.

I will try and post any relevant help I get as and when it becomes available.