Forum Discussion

khleong
Level 3
12 years ago

Backup Exec on Windows 2008 R2 Domain

Hi,

My customer want to install backup exec 2012 and System recovery on a server and push/install agent on other 4 client servers. Backup Exec master server will backup all the backup to a Storage.

All server running on windows 2008 R2 Standard.

Current envrionment is workgroup, initial setup backup exec and symantec system recovery will be in workgroup environment but customer plan to move to Active Directory environment later.

My question is if i setup and configure backup policy for backup exec and system recovery in workgroup. After all the setup and configuration done and those client servers only will join to domain after 1 or 2 month. Will this having isssue? Any precaution to do before move from workguop to Active Directory?

My customer want me to do the installation and configuration in workgroup environment first.

Backup Master server will remain on workgroup environment but all client servers will join to Active Directory domain.

My concern is after all client servers join to domain, all the configuration and backup policy will not work.

11 Replies