Forum Discussion

joealbergo
Level 4
12 years ago

Backup Exec "Test Run Failed" 12.5 on 2003 SBS Server (New Install)

Hello everyone!

I am a newb to Backup Exec, so I decided to uninstall and re-install the whole setup here on my server.

When I run a Test Run, it fails within 1 minute for the following reason given to me under the Job History.

Error category: Job Errors

Error: e0008703 - Job failed running its test run. See logfile for details. For additional information regarding t his error refer to link V-79-57344-34563

---------

But I've been running the real job now for about a half hour and it seems to be working fine.

Should I expect this to fail as well?

Any help would be great.

I will answer any questions you might have to help support my issue.

-------

To give you an idea of what I've done, I setup a simple back-up selection list and a Removable device media set - the job is run for now just to test. Eventually I would like to duplicate a succesful job and create one for each day of the business week.

Anyone have any ideas as far as why the test run would fail, and do you think that the actual job will fail. So far so good / 350 MB/min w/ 25:24 and counting.

• Go to the properties of your job and look for Advanced Opened Files.  Click on this and you should see a checkbox to enable AOF.  You have not indicated your version of BE.  For versions prior to BE 2012, the same feature is called AOFO.

23 Replies