Forum Discussion

Kabimohsen
Level 3
10 years ago

Backup Solution For Servers In The Branches

Dear Experts ,

We are using Symantec Back Up Exec 2010 R2 as a centralization backup in the head office.We have a server in the branch and it's very important to take daily backup.

]
Could you please, advise me what's the best way to take a backup.

If it's possible to connect the server to our centralization back server .Pls explain, how to do it?

Also, if we can using separate backup software.What is the best?

Thank You..

6 Replies

• If you can ping  the branch server and have a good connection please Install the agent for windows server on this branch server and then create a backup job to back it up

• ...well, WAN connections don't tend to handle full backups unless you're looking at something like optimized dedupe...read below:

http://eval.symantec.com/mktginfo/enterprise/white_papers/b-backup_exec_dedupe_optimized_2010_WP_21158107.en-us.pdf

I would also recommend upgrading to BE 2010 R3 as it was more stable than the previous 2 versions (assuming you can't upgrade to BE 15), and you can use the same license keys.

THanks!

• FYI.

Yes, we can. But,data size more than 200 GB and we are in need to do the backup job at least weekly.
    Network speed connection only 2 mb. so,i think it is not possible to do it during network .

Do you have any solution?

• ...optimized dedupe. You need a media server on the remote site with storage. Dedupe backup to the storage there and transfer the changes to the local site.

THanks!

• Actually,we have a media server on the remote site but we without Storage.Also we have onlt one branch .can we use Optimized dedupe or other solutions please i need more details?

Optimized dedupe is a good backup solution but for more the a branch.

Thank you..