Forum Discussion

15 years ago

cannot remove server from selection list

Hi Guys,  we have shut a server down as not using it anymore and obviously the backup failed with "cannot contact remote agent".  So i have gone in and tried to remove the server from the list and cannot as it comes up with account logon failure, cannot access required file or directory.  I presume this is because the server is no longer on.

Is there a way of deselecting the server without having to boot it back up again?  is this the problem or is it something else?  i can access all the other servers that are turned on fine.

We are running backup exec 12.5 o windows server 2003 with all latest updates, service packs etc.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Chris.
  • Yes,
    Click view selection details and you can manually remove the entries as they are viewable in test mode "\servername\selected file or folder". Remove it and confirm in the selection order.

Please find below snapshot....

imagebrowser image
    Any queries!!!

6 Replies

• When you open the backup selection . Click on the view selection details and you would see all the selection in the text view , you can delete the entry for the server from here ....
    Let em know if that helps
  • Yes,
    Click view selection details and you can manually remove the entries as they are viewable in test mode "\servername\selected file or folder". Remove it and confirm in the selection order.

Please find below snapshot....

imagebrowser image
    Any queries!!!
    Anonymous
    that right deleteing the server from the veiw selection detals tab will remove the server from the backup selection list and u need not reboot the remote server for the same, make sure u delete all the entries for that server like C, D and databases if any other job will fail with the error could not connect to the remote agent.

let me know if this resolves the issue
  • Thanks for the Screen shot kkate!!!! That would definately help !!!
  • Hi,  Thanks a lot guys that did exactly what i needed.  Thanks for screenies kkate.

Thanks again.

Chris