Forum Discussion

momaymm
Level 5
11 years ago

Cann't Create Storage for Backup

After i prenset Lun  Disk use for sapce backup job.   when create disk in BE  have  error pop-up

How to fix it ?

• Hello Momay,

Go to C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Data folder and check the size of the Backup Exec Database file named BEDB_DAT.MDF.

If the size is above 4 GB then the issue is that Database has grown above the limited size of 4 GB for SQL Express edition.

Please follow this technote and run the script as given in the technote

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH213643 : Rapid increase in Backup Exec 2012 database size even with Service Pack 3 installed

Regards,

-Sush...

8 Replies

• Check that you have not created a disk storage on that drive before.

• Hi,

You can also download b2dtest.exe and test the drive for compatibility with a B2D.

Thanks!

• Hello Momay,

Go to C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Data folder and check the size of the Backup Exec Database file named BEDB_DAT.MDF.

If the size is above 4 GB then the issue is that Database has grown above the limited size of 4 GB for SQL Express edition.

Please follow this technote and run the script as given in the technote

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH213643 : Rapid increase in Backup Exec 2012 database size even with Service Pack 3 installed

Regards,

-Sush...

• Yes,  my DB  over 4GB ,   But  now  Backup execu 2012 install SP3 already

But on server  Don'thave Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express.

• Well, you can than install SQL management Studio and then run that script.

I am sure ones the databse size is below that 4 GB limit then your original issue about Storage creation will also be resolved.

Regards,

-Sush...

• Can i re-install  SQL 2008R2 Express on the server...  Not impact Database currently ?

• Now after i shrink DB .  Can create disk on BE

Thank you all member to help me

• now i can present disk to BE 

Thank you very much....