Forum Discussion

Cupis
Level 4
9 years ago

CASO installation

Hi All,

Sorry for the flood of forum posts recently, they sort of all relate, but I consider them different issues if other people are reviewing the thread.

I am busy looking at CASO to see how it can benefit my organisation. It does not bode well if I cant get it setup to begin with, haha. 

I have installed the CASO Server OK, but when I am trying to install the Managed Media Server option, I get through most of the wizard until the part you have to enter the CASO Server. I click next, it appears to hang for a while and I get the following error message.

The user name User for the Backup Exec service account does not have administrator rights on the central administration server CASO_Server. Check the credentials and try again.

Google not returning too many helpful suggestions, but these are the things I have already tried

• Reinstalled my Lab environment from scratch (just in case)
  • Both servers are on the same domain
  • Both servers are on the same network (no physical firewall inbetween them) and Windows Firewall disabled on both
  • Service account is a Domain Admin
  • Service account has been added to all the local roles as per this article (https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH130255#CASO-SSO)
  • Made Service account a Sysadmin of the BEDB Database & SQL Instance, and runs the SQL services
  • Made the TCP Ports for the Database 1433, which is used for remote connections.
  • Added service account as local admin (even though its domain admin)
  • Added Full NTFS Access to the BExec installation location.
  • I have tried installing from the source computer and pushing from the CASO Server.

So not sure what else to try.

Any suggestions.

Kind Regards,

Cupis

• Ok I have come right with this issue.

I re-installed the servers again and I managed to get the CASO to communicate with each other. 

6 Replies

• Have you tried to add it with BEutility?

Ideally you'd use 1 service account across your Backup Exec environment. This means that the BESA used on the CASO would be the same as the BESA on the MMS and you'd get no authentication issues.

Thanks!

• Hi Craig, 

I have not tried the BEUtility yet, Ill give that a test when Im back in the office. 

In the lab I am using the same Service account, which is what weird as well as it being a domain admin, which should give it most of the access it should require. 

I'll report back however.

• OK So I can add the CASO Server in on the Server I intend to be managed through BEUtility? This is just from a BExec management point of view, I dont do any sort of CASO/MMS config through BEUtility?

Just a side note, I am using both servers in Evaluation mode, since I am just messing around and not intended for any sort of production. Is there some sort of limitation there?

• It just adds the MMS to the CASO. You'd still use the CASO to configure how updates are sent and how often etc...

• Hi Craig, 

I think I am missing something then. you can only set a Backup Exec Media server to be a MMS through the addition of the "Managed Backup Exec Server" during the installation (or adding it afterwards). Either way I get the error when I am configuring the BE Server to find a CASO Server. 

Am I also able to reconfigure a BE Server to be a MMS through BEUtililty, what steps should I follow to do this?

Kind Regards,

Cupis

• Ok I have come right with this issue.

I re-installed the servers again and I managed to get the CASO to communicate with each other.