Forum Discussion

corriessol
Level 3
10 years ago

Change of Domain Membership - Backup Exec 2014 on 2012R2

Hi,

I run Backup Exec 2014 on a 2012R2 Std member server.  I have an SDLT Drive hung off the back of the server to which I run daily backups of the local server only.  Backup Exec was installed using the current administrator account for all services and configuration.

I am about to move the server to a new domain, as such I expect that I will need to change the service account and backup jobs so Backup Exec runs properly under the new account.

Can anyone point me to relevant documentation on this or advise on a procedure?

Thank you

• Hi,

Easy enough...

1. Create the new BE Service Account in the new domain with the same rights as the current BESA;

2. Move to the new domain;

3. Use BEutility.exe to change the BE Service account details to the new account from #1.

If you have remote servers in the first domain, then make sure there is a trust between the domains, and that the new BESA is in that remote domain's Domain Admins group, otherwise backups will fail.

Thanks!

2 Replies

• Hi,

Easy enough...

1. Create the new BE Service Account in the new domain with the same rights as the current BESA;

2. Move to the new domain;

3. Use BEutility.exe to change the BE Service account details to the new account from #1.

If you have remote servers in the first domain, then make sure there is a trust between the domains, and that the new BESA is in that remote domain's Domain Admins group, otherwise backups will fail.

Thanks!

• Hi,

Superb, thank you... seems easy enough - lets hope it goes that way :)

Thanks