Forum Discussion

SUSAIT
Level 3
18 years ago

Corrupt Data all of a sudden.... But the data looks fine?

For the last couple of weeks I've been getting more and more corrupt files added to the log.. They all seem to be .tif files..But there are a few .sids, .dwg's and .mdb's.... I can open them and they don't look corrupt to me... what would cause this?

5 Replies

• Are you using the Advanced Open File Option?  If not, my guess is that the files are opened and changing during the backup and it is causing Backup Exec to report them as corrupt.
  • how do I know if I'm using the advanced file open option? these files arent in operation. so they're not open..
    thanks
  • First of all, you would have to have a license for the Advanced Open File Option.  To enable it, it is in the properties of the job.  On the left pane you will go to "Advanced Open File" and on the right you can enable it.
  • I just enabled it.. I'll see how it went in the morning... thanks
  • Well it looks like the job failed and didnt back anything up after turning on AOF. here's the error.

The job failed with the following error: An error occurred during the snapshot cleanup, or could not locate a snapped volume from which to back up.

Job ended: Wednesday, May 16, 2007 at 5:36:49 PM
    Completed status: Failed
    Final error: 0xe0009413 - An error occurred during the snapshot cleanup, or could not locate a snapped volume from which to back up.
    Final error category: System Errors

and

Backup- C: Snapshot provider error (0x45D): The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.
    Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.
    V-79-57344-37907 - Snapshot error during backup. Set has been canceled.
    V-79-57344-34110 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "Microsoft Information Store". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).
    Snapshot provider error (0xE0008516): Resources specified for snapshot do not have any valid data on them. Check if files were deleted or renamed.
    Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.

and

Backup- C: V-79-57344-34108 - An unexpected error occurred when cleaning up Symantec Volume Snapshot Provider (VSP) snapshots. Make sure that no other application has a lock on the cache files created by the snapshot operation.
    V-79-57344-34110 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "SERVER". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).
    VSS Snapshot error. The Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) snapshot failed. Make sure that all provider services and tasks are running. Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.