Forum Discussion

Turls
Level 6
13 years ago

Download Now! Gold Build of Backup Exec 2012

The gold build of Backup Exec 2012 is now available for immediate download as part of the First Availability program. If you have maintenance for Backup Exec (or are a partner) then you can sign-up using the following link:

Backup Exec 2012 - First Availability

Please read this BLOG for more information.

7 Replies

• ...thanks for the notification Swathi! Busy with it now smiley

• On it and have it installed, I was in the beta I like a lot of the features, but it still needs a global job monitor view. I'm currently using it to run a DR and cannot see all my restroe task without drilling down into each server or tape drive.

:(

Mike

• If we install Backup Exec 2012 GOLD, and have a current Backup Exec support contract, will we be able to upgrade the GOLD version to the first official PRODUCTION version?

I'm installing it on our new BackupExec-dedicated server and considering just going production with it.  

If there is an upgrade path from GOLD to PRODUCTION, then I won't have to wait before going Live with it.

Thank you!

• The GOLD version is pretty much the production version.  You might see a update or two come through LiveUpdate but it is not expected for FA users to have to do an upgrade of GOLD.

• Where can we read about new features in 2012?

I'm specifically interested in a suggestion which was posted in the Ideas forum a while ago, and I believe was commented on by a Symantec rep, regarding restoring Exchange email directly to a PST without a need for the domain, server, database, mailbox, etc., that were originally used for the backup.