Forum Discussion

Miklos
Level 3
14 years ago

Error E00002F7 when doing full backup of exchange 2010

Hi all,

I have read through the disscussions on the forum but I can not find the answer to my problem.

I have a newly installed exchange 2010 and a newly installed 2008 R2 x64 server with BE 2010R2

The job is set up tp run full backup, use GRT, Performe Consistency check before backup, Continue backup if consistency check fails and the High Availability Server is set to Back up from the active copy.

I read that you have to exclude the backup exec folder on the exchange server from the antivirus scans but I have not installed any antivirus client yet so that rules that out.

For the moment i'm running a nt backup to a usb drive that is working flawless but I want to get BE to to start working before I go postal on the server...

Any ideas any one?

8 Replies

• can you please post some more info about the error message or post the error log ?

• The job failed with the following error: Cannot extract mailbox messages from the Exchange backup. Review the job log for more information.

Job ended: den 23 november 2010 at 19:16:47
    Completed status: Failed
    Final error: 0xe00002f7 - Cannot extract mailbox messages from the Exchange backup. Review the job log for more information.
    Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-759

Media Label: IMG000777
    GRT backup set folder: D:\Backup-to-Disk Folder 4\IMG000777
    The consistency check of the snapshot for the Microsoft Exchange database Database was successful.
    The consistency check of the snapshot for the Microsoft Exchange transaction log Logs ( E020000C80C.log - E020000C820.log ) was successful.
    V-79-57344-759 - Unable to complete the operation for the selected resource using the specified options.  The following error was returned when opening the Exchange Database file:  '<n/a>'

Backup- \\xxxxxxx.xxxx.xxxxxx\Microsoft Information Store\Mailbox Database MediumV-79-57344-759 - Unable to complete the operation for the selected resource using the specified options.  The following error was returned when opening the Exchange Database file:  '
    n/a
  • I can mention that I had to reinstall the backup server since the old server was a 32bit win 2003 server and that did not support backup of x64 exchange server.

Also the backup exec client is the latest one on the exchange server and I have done all the symantec updates on both the BE2010R2 and on the client

• Have you installed the Exchange management tools and MAPI/CDO on the Backup Exec server ?

• The exchange mgt tools are installed but the mapi/cdo does not sound familiar. Is it on the exchange 2010 disc? or is it some download from ms?