Forum Discussion

JuergenB
Level 6
12 years ago

How do i remove a disc storage ?

Hi,

i have a  disc storage i want to delete.

I deleted all backupsets and all jobs that used this disc storage.

I disabled the storage and tried to delete it, but BE complains, that there are some jobs still using this disc storage.

I tried to delete the job history, but now luck.

any idea?

• I had the same problem with Backup Exec 2012, but fixed after calling symantec support. First make sure that no backup jobs associated with the disk. second try the following command :

Remove-BEDiskStorageDevice -InputObject *storagename*

if the problem still found do the following :

1. install SQL Server Management Studio Express 2005. can found at :

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8961

2. Go to Backup Exec Main Menu => Configuration and Settings ==> Backup Exec Sevices ==> Stop all sevices

3. Go to windows services mmc and stop SQL Server Service.

4.  Go to C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Data and take a backup copy from "bedb_dat.mdf" and "bedb_dat.mdf" to another folder.

5. Go to windows services mmc and start SQL Server Service.

6. Open SQL Server Management Studio Express 2005.

7. Connect to Backup Exec Server ==> Databases ==> BEDB ==> Tables ==> dbo.Device ==> right click and Open Table

8. Locate the row contains the problem Device and delete it.

9. Got to Backup Exec Main Menu => Configuration and Settings ==> Backup Exec Sevices ==> Start all services

10. Go to Storage Tab and wait the status of Server "Discovery" to be Online.

11. If any problem found Stop SQL Server Service and All Backup Exec Sevices and re-copy the "bedb_dat.mdf" and "bedb_dat.mdf" to C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Data and start SQL Server Service and all and All Backup Exec Sevices again.

12 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion