Forum Discussion

fred2k
Level 4
10 years ago

How to disable media overwrite alert in backup exec 2012

When I perform a scheduled backup in BE2012 I'm getting an prompt to click ok before it overwrites media (image01) I think I have found the option to disable it (Configuration & Settings, Alerts a...
    10 years ago

I just tried this BEUtility setting on BE 2012 (without actually doing a backup to prove it works) and if you check the Alert cpnfiguration status inside of the Backup Exec console after setting in beutility to Yes but without restarting the services it does not showany change. however if you close teh be admin console and restart the be servcies then the change is seen (so  pkh info is valid)

I also went to a BE 2014 server and checked what we could and could not do in the alert configuration within the BE 2014 console and we have fixed the greyed out problem so you no longer need to use beutiltiy in BE 2014 (see attached screenhot) as such I would recommend you plan to upgrade to latest version (possibly after we release BE 15 in a few months) - we won't be changing the current 2012 behaviour