Forum Discussion

yarossan
Level 4
12 years ago

Job doesn't finish

Hi Experts...

I am having a problem...

I have a server with a tape, and i have a job backing up my data to the tape.

That's ok, the backup starts but it doensn't finish... in others companies works perfectly... but this doesn't.

What happen? starts normally, going on... going on... The Byte Count stops.

Ps: The Byte Count looks complete. 50 GB and there isn't a Green circle with Queued.

Someone can helps me?

• Hi

To check what updates and version you have got please click on help-about --which would give your backup exec version with build like 4164 or 5204 let me know what is that and then click on install updates to let me know what updates you have got

Thanks

15 Replies

• Are there any pending alerts when this happens?  Click on the Alerts tab to check.

• no sir... no pending alerts... the others jobs works normally, just the job with the tape stops but doensn't finish...

• Hi Backup Exec.

Thank you very much, i updated my Backup Exec R2 and my job gets finish...

i didn't need install R3, i just updated and works =)

Thanks, i marked you as solution.

• Hi

Thanks for the update and good to see all working fine ,but to ensure stability of your backup and restore it is good to be on latest version of backup exec which is BE 2010 R3 and R2 is an intermideate version so try to upgrade it to R3 and other updates using live updates and update your remote agent too ,plan it accordingle and you will see the difference

Thanks

• good you remember me... i almost forgot! =P

i am updating =)

Thanks again =)