Forum Discussion

P40l0
Level 3
7 years ago

Library drive display as standalone drive after replacement

Hi,

after drive replacement on automated library "HP MSL2024 - MSL G3 Series" the drive is now ot out of the library and displayed as standalone drive, but it is in the automated library HP MSL2024. There is no way to manually add the drive to the library in backup exec?

I have already done tapeinst.exe, re-installed/removed HP drives for both, tape and library, reboot the server and the library and so on ...I think that i have tryed anything, but nothing to do, the drive remain as standalone on backup exec server, why? The library and drive works fine, the drive is new. Backup exec server communicate correctly with drive and library, but leave the drive out of the library as standalone. So, I have create two logical partitions, for test, but no luck. The drive remain as standalone and "invisible" to the library. So, the drive ask to manually insert a tape.

I have only one server, no media server/remote server. 

• The hardware technician intervened. He reset the library to factory settings and finally the drive is back in place inside the library. Now, the tapes are correctly mounted by the automated library. Everything returned to normal. In fact, I had requested a second intervention of the technician after the first tests caused by the malfunction due to the replacement of the drive....anyway, everything fine that ends well.
    Once again, thank you to all of you
    Greetings

p.s. excuse me for my bad English!

9 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi

I saw this multiple times, too.

I'm not 100% sure, but in my last situation I disabled and deleted the complete library (jobs have to redirected to another (temporary) Tape/B2D device).

After restarting the services the library was discovered correct. By deleting the temp. device you can redirect the jobs back to the newly created library device.

By doing so you will lost the robotic-specific statistics and you have to configure your media sets for the affected jobs.

----------

It would be great if you mark this as answer if it solving your question.

P40l0
      Level 3

Hi,

already did and more than one time. The jobs are redirect to "any storage with tape".

Thanks anyway

• Hi

Perhaps it help to delete the library and drives additionally from the windows device manager when BE services are stopped.