Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Login to backup exec 3600 appliance fail with "User authentication failed. Please enter valid passw"

Hi all

I have a problem with the access to our backup exec appliance web UI.
After a reboot of this appliance for change it domain, the access to the web UI is failed with the message:
"User authentication failed. Please enter valid password. If problem persists contact your System Administrator."

The local Administrator user, and a domain crendentials don't work now.

The BackupExec version is 15 and the appliance's model is 3600R4.

Please your help with this issue.
Thanks in advance.

• Thanks, Gurvinder.
    Actually, I'm not able to log in on the appliance by RDP, but I try locally.
    Meanwhile, I have a problem configuring the RDP access by Power Shell; this is the error:

6 Replies

• connect to the appliance.Check on C:\Program Files\Symantec in opscenter directory if you find a security file. confirm if the hostname of the server is set correctly. Reboot the appliance after updating the security file with correct hostname. I have seen in one occassion because this file was not updated , then this issue was seen.

Antonio_Castro
      Level 4

Thanks, Gurvinder.
      Actually, I'm not able to log in on the appliance by RDP, but I try locally.
      Meanwhile, I have a problem configuring the RDP access by Power Shell; this is the error:

Antonio_Castro
      Level 4

Hi Gurvinder
      This problem is presenting now again (one year ago, the problem disappears only after a restart of the appliance):

We review the C:\Program Files\Symantec\OpsCenter\server\config file an verify that the hostname is correct.
      After that, we reboot the opscenter services, the BE services and restart all the appliance but the problem persist.

Any other idea about this?

I know that this appliances are obsoletes and EOS/EOL but now they are in production environment yet and I would like resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

PJ_Backup

Ensure that it has the correct time, also if something has changed ensure the keyboard hasn't switched letters - check by typing the password in the username field to verify what the system sees is what you think you are typing.

Are you able to connect to the Web UI via a browser - to confirm the password you are entering is correct.?