Forum Discussion

MaAd
Level 3
11 years ago

Lotus Domino Agent slowing down

Hello everyone,

I have a Backup Exec 2010 R3 installation with SP3 installed. I am backing up a domino server with the domino agent functionality. When backing up database files from Domino I noticed that transfer rates start at full speed but gradually slow down over time. For testing I have created a local backup-to-disk folder and included a handful of notes files of different sizes in the backup task. The slowdown occurs no matter what files I select large or small ones. The backup exec server is a physical box and the notes domino server runs on vmware esx.

Task manager's network monitor shows usage of around 80-95% on a gbit port at first. However, after approximately 7 or 8 GB of backed up data the rates drop down to around 30-(max)50% percent.

I think that it is not a network problem, because when copying the same files using Windows file copy from the notes server to the backup server I get constant transfer rates of 80-90% with speeds around 100MB/s from start to finish.

Does anyone have any idea? Is there some option in notes that slows down the backup operations?

Thanks for your comments.

Best regards

14 Replies