Forum Discussion

JinxPony
Level 3
10 years ago

Maximum file size setting not being retained.

We have recently upgraded to BE2014 from BE2012.  I am somewhat familiar with the settings and management of the software.  I have set the maximum file size to 1TB for the NAS disk drive that we use ...
    10 years ago

Well Standard Tech support kicked it up to the Advanced Tech Support.  They remoted in and gathered all the information they needed.  They said they could not replicate the issue in their lab setup and informed me that it must be a cosmetic issue.  They wanted to know if I would like to push the case to the Engineering staff, after informing me it would take lots of my time and lengthy communication.  I said "No" and that I'd just go with a smaller bkf file scenario.

So Symantec is stumped by this issue and who know's if it will ever be figured out.

SOLUTION/WORKAROUND:  (per Symantec Advanced Tech. Support)

-Started webex session .

-Fresh installation of 2014 on brand new server.

- Nas is configured on 10.50.1.7.

-Configured as NAS 1 and NAS 2 .

-NAS1 is online and NAS 2 is disabled.

-The make and model of Nas Device is QNAP qts -The NAS Is 4 disk array -- mirrored and its each drive is 2 tb -Nas is Not configured ...as local -- and its configured as network drive .

-The CIFS Share are created .

-The maximum file size when change to more than 400 gb and save and exist.

-when goes to properties of Nas Device NAS 2 and then again switch over to Nas 1 -- the maximum file size revert back to 1 GB .

-The same does not reproduce when The maximum file size is set to 400 gb and below.

-The same issue occurs with 2 Local disk configured .

-We tried to reproduce the issue in out test Lab ........and found that no similar issue .-Informed him that will research and call him back later.

As discussed with Back line Engineer sameer....we tried in out test lab ; -we found no such issue, -Informed Robert that no such issue has been observe and tested in our lab .

-Informed JinxPony that this is a cosmetic issue .

-Suggested JinxPony that BE2014 will only retain a setting up to 400GB for the max bkf file size.

-JinxPony agreed to close the case.